Nearly everyone loves music, but audio is frequently limited to just a single room or location in the home. Why confine your enjoyment? With a whole-house audio system, you can enjoy your favourite music in every room. And with a multi-room audio system, you can enjoy your tunes while other members of the family enjoy theirs!
In a multi-room audio system, the home is divided into areas called “zones.” A zone can be one room, such as the master bedroom, or can cover several rooms, such as the kitchen, and dining room. All rooms within a zone play the same source, but can do so at a different volume level.
- For more information see our resources page.
Common sources include FM radio, cable TV, CD players, satellite radio and iPods. Newer whole-house audio systems incorporate streaming audio, pulling music across the home’s network from a hard drive in the home or from a cloud-based service.
- How many rooms (or zones) do you wish the media distributed to?
- Where are each of these zones located within your home?
- Surround sound systems
- Ceiling mounted speakers
- In Wall or On Wall mounted speakers
- Where will the Multi-Room audio control equipment be located?
- We call this Node Zero. Basically, it is the convenient centralised area that houses the key sources.